Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WTF

I listened to the daily news this afternoon while I was checking and responding to email. I don't usually watch the news, just a quick read on cnn.com.

One of the segments was regarding death row in Florida. (Please note that the info I heard on the newscast does not totally match the info on the Florida Department of Corrections website.) It reported that out of the 74 inmates that had died since 1993, only 37 was executed. The others died of illness. Including an inmate that was on death row for more than 15 years, died of cancer, and was exonerated posthumously due to DNA. There are 4 men who is older than 70, 54 men who is older than 60, and one man who is 82. Some of the inmates have been on death row for decades. Prosecutor Willie Meggs, 2nd circuit, stated "The governor should sit down sign 60-70 of 'em & let's get started & do a couple a week, til we get caught up. He concedes the way the death penalty is applied now is totally ineffective. I have to say that I agree. A person receives a death sentence and it should be upheld in a timely manner. Justice for the victim. This is most definitely not a joking matter but I like the comment made by my fav comedian Ron White regarding the death penalty in Texas. "Texas is putting in a death penalty express lane. In Texas, we have the death penalty and we use it. If you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back." Amen. I realize that not everyone will agree with me. But, this is America and everyone is entitled to an opinion. nuff said.

On Saturday, an endangered Western Lowland Gorilla baby was born healthy at the Ueno Zoo in Tokyo, Japan. AAAAHHHHHH. She is such a cute baby. I hope this link works and you can see the baby.

I'll just gloss over the Demi Moore W cover, and go to "the sexiest man alive". Johnny Depp. oh yeah. again. nuff said.

My iMac is making a horrendous noise from the speakers. Everything else is okay. I really regret switching to a Mac. I figure in about a year most of the bugs should be out of Windows 7 and I'll get a new pc. I love getting new computers. I can hardly wait.




No comments: