Sunday, November 08, 2009

Today

I'm still really tired from the trip to Ft. Lauderdale, so I haven't taken pics of the things I bought. I'll post details about the trade show later.

A co-student and I left for Jupiter, on Friday night around 5:30ish. We got to her Father's house about a quarter to ten. The drive down was uneventful. Her Father and his companion, I don't like calling her his girlfriend, as she was most definitely a genteel southern lady, had ordered pizza. We watched Chefs vs City on the Food Network and munched on pizza. I was not familiar with the show. On this particular episode they were in New Orleans. Which happens to be my favorite city, and home to my beloved, (wait for it) UNDEFEATED New Orleans Saints! WOO HOO!! (doing the happy dance here! LOL) The chefs completed challenges including weighing crawfish, (which can be bought here, and gave me a craving for crawfish etouffee), shucking oysters, along with mixing drinks at Pat O'Brien's, home of the hurricane. It was an interesting show, and I'll probably watch it again.

After a restful night's sleep we arrived at the Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center around 9:30ish. Things were already in full swing. Venders were handing out fliers and brochures before we even got our badges and wrist bands. I'll post more about the show tomorrow. I still have a lot of things to get done to start off my week tomorrow.

Even though I was away from home less than 24 hours, it's nice to be back.




No comments: