Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ramblings

Last Thursday I posted that this blog was initially started to share my sewing with a sewing sister (not a birth sister, but you know what I mean). It quickly changed to include my rants and raves and ramblings. I still sew, although not very often. Various things, including my job, family, class, health etc...have prevented me from sewing. I know I could accomplish a lot in just 5-10 minutes each day. I have my machines set up in a permanent sewing area in the Florida room. But I don't want to sew when I'm not at my best mentally and physically. I would make mistakes and have to rip apart seams and re-sew them. I'd rather just wait until my sewing mojo comes back. Which will be soon I hope, as I have a couple of items that have been waiting months for me to complete. One of which is the gorgeous Amy Butler Kimberly bag. I basically just have to sew the bottom on it, and it will be finished.

Walt and I have been putting out seeds for the cardinals for the past 3-4 years. One or more will come to the orange tree in the back yard and chirp until someone comes out and gives them seeds. Occasionally on the weekends, when I sleep in, ( I kid you not) one of them will sit on the tree next to my bedroom and chirp until I get up and go to the back door and put out seeds.

My Mom used to love to watch and listen to cardinals when I was younger. She has a couple of ceramic ones that sat on the living room window sill. One Saturday, while we were watching TV, one of them fell off. Mon wondered aloud "Why did it fall?" We looked behind the sheers and there was a huge black snake moving along the sill. My Mom was deathly afraid of snakes, and she wouldn't let me touch it even though it was a harmless black snake. So, we called my Dad and he came in and grabbed it and took it outdoors. A little excitement to break up a boring TV show. LOL

We have several species of animals here in our back yard, wild animals...racoons, the occasional black snake, squirrels, different birds ie...cardinals, doves, blue jays, and lets not forget my two wild boys, Pongo and Buddy. LOL I never thought I'd say this, because I love living in the city, but, I'd love to live on a farm again and have chickens, cattle, and ducks, etc...

On Friday the 13 I posted about Miss Snickers and the call for love, prayers, and doggie zen to be sent her way. She put up a gallant fight, but this morning she went to the bridge. My heart goes out to her family and friends. It's so difficult to lose a member of the family.






No comments: