Monday, November 09, 2009

More about the Trade-show

A list of vendors at the IECSC trade-show can be found here. There were numerous booths selling LED machines, permanent makeup tools, instruments and classes, microdermabrasion machines, tanning, jewelry, and too many make-up and skin care companies to list here. I'm only going to highlight the ones I was interested in and bought something at. I could have spent a lot more money than I did, but I wanted to keep myself in check since I'm not working and I don't have an unlimited budget. I got oils, lotions, and creams massaged onto my hands, nail art on my short nails, and fuschia glittered eye liner applied (it co-ordinated nicely with the top I was wearing.

And speaking of the top I was wearing, it was a dark fuschia/purple color. I love this particular shade. In class, it was explained to us that most estheticians wear black. No explanation why, they just do. And there was a sea of black at the trade-show. And high heels, very high heels. I love my high heels, but I don't want to stand/walk around in them for 8-9 hours.

The first booth that caught my eye was Lalicious. I love bath oils, body butters, creams, lotions, scrubs, etc.....I bought Sugar Kiss Body Butter. OMG! The scent is to die for. I LOVE it. It sort of reminds me of cotton candy. You can order products from their website.

I am not an "eyebrow" person. When I was younger I didn't spend hours tweezing my eyebrows to get the perfect arch. I just never thought I could find a flattering shape, plus, I wore bangs most of the time that covered my eyebrows. So I bought an "eyebrow kit" in the wine color (which is more brownish, than the picture on the website appears) from Lizette Cosmetics. I tried it this morning and voila! I had a beautifully shaped brow and it looked very natural.

I bought a felt tipped eye liner from a booth I don't even remember the name of, but how can you go wrong for 3 dollars? I also bought an 88 palette matte eye shadow. It looks exactly like the one shown here, but doesn't have that brand name on it. In fact, it doesn't have a brand name on it at all. I don't really know why I had to have it. I don't wear eye shadow very often. But, it makes me happy to look at all the pretty colors. It's like....oooohhhhhh pretty! mine! LOL I still have to do my ethnic make-up and a couple of evening looks, so, I'll be using it in class.

I got information on advanced medical aesthetic classes, permanent eyelashes, and permanent make-up classes that I want to take and I got tons of fliers and brochures. I still haven't gone through all of them. I'll start using the samples I got in a few days. Although, I doubt I'll like them as much as I do Sanitas. I'll report on them when I use them.

I do have to tell about this skin care line, although I didn't buy anything there, called Repechage. I was just impressed with the esthetician's knowledge and the information she gave regarding the products. She was demonstrating a four layer facial was was very interesting. She allowed us to feel a bit of the seaweed mask and the mineral mask. The seaweed mask was very very cool to the touch and the mineral mask was very warm to the touch. The products came premeasured in small packets, with a consistent result each time the product is used. The mineral mask "hardened", was very firm to the touch and came off in one piece that retained its shape. The seaweed mask also came off in one piece, but was more of a gel texture and did not retain it's shape. This particular skin care line does not advocate the use of machines, such as brushes, suction, or the use of hot towels. There was a noticeable difference in the model's skin tone and texture. Unfortunately, the closet salon that uses this line is a couple of hours away, and since I won't drive that far for one, no matter how fab I think it is, I don't think I'll be getting one soon. LOL





No comments: