Wednesday, September 12, 2007

musings

I love James Lee Burke. I especially love his Dave Robicheaux series. These are the kind of books I like to have on hand for a few months before I start to read them. Then, I read them very, very slowly, because I don’t want them to end. I always have a “NOLA” themed weekend where I have a dressed fried oyster po’boy or crawfish etoufee and listen to zydeco music.

There is a trench sew along on Pattern Review. I have some periwinkle supplex that might make a nice trench. I might get a pattern this weekend and try to sew-a-long. I like McCall's 5525 and Simplicity 4084. It seems as though several other sew-ists like the Simplicity pattern also. It's from the Threads magazine collection.

My diet has consisted of the same thing for the past three days. I’ve been looking for some easy recipes that are high in protein. I’ll need some variety for dinners. I don’t mind having the same things for breakfast and “snacks”. Oatmeal, cottage cheese, ham, and pineapple is my favorite breakfast. The protein bar isn’t the greatest, but it’s tolerable. It certainly isn’t as bad as some I’ve eaten. I’ll also get a few ingredients to use in my protein drinks also. Different flavorings and fruits, etc I did my upper body work out today. Tomorrow I’ll do aerobics again and on Friday I’ll do a full body work out. I read a few pages daily in my old Muscle Media or Energy for Women magazines to help with motivation.

The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the one who will win.

Roger Bannister
(1929-, British athlete, first person in the world to run a mile under 4 minutes)



No comments: