Saturday, December 05, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday. Last evening, really. I didn't post because I spent the few minutes it would take to type a blog post, knitting. I didn't have much to say either. I wasn't going to do another two line post that tells of my newest cast on, or how much I was loving the scarf, just so I could say I did a post every day in December. I will keep the NaBloPoMo badge on the side bar to remind me I need to follow through though.

The weather here in St. Pete today is much cooler, and it's raining. I rarely wear jackets or sweaters, and I haven't owned a winter coat since I moved here from north Georgia in 1980. I don't miss having to put on a coat just to walk down to the mailbox. I do, however, miss looking stylish in a new coat, scarf, and gloves. I still have a couple of coat and jacket patterns on my to do list: Vogue 1129, a trench coat that I don't see on the Simplicity site at this time, and a cardi-wrap. And after glancing at the sites, I see a couple more patterns I want to put on my list, McCall's 5937 and McCall's 5815. I don't check out the new patterns the way I used to. I'm going to spend some time perusing the websites of the "big four" pattern companies later.

These days I'm really slow in my knitting and my sewing. I have a purse half done. I have the fabric and pattern laid out for the cardi-wrap, but haven't actually cut it out or started sewing it yet. I've blogged several times about the SWAP I wanted to participate in a couple of years ago. It was the reason I started this blog. I have the patterns, and most of the fabric I want to use. But, haven't started to sew anything.

Part of it, is just because I don't have any energy. There is some depression here, and I think that is because of my weight, my back pain, and stress. A vicious circle. I also believe that it is up to me to do something about it since I have named the problems. I need to own them and do something about them. Is this TMI? Maybe. But, I need to do something to change my life.

I'm a big believer in self improvement. (I love reading self improvement books, using one thing from this one, and another thing from another one.) So, here is a list of things I'm going to do (and it may change as time goes on, but at least it's a start.) I'm going to start going back to Weight Watchers, I'm going back to this gym and this gym. (Yes, I have a membership in both, and haven't been using them.) Some things I like about one and some things I like about the other. Maybe this will motivate Walt to start going again too. When I get medical insurance I'll go to my doctor and get the usual lab work, x-rays, etc..done. I'll also address depression and arthritic pain with him. Until then, I'll continue to take Tylenol, which does give me some relief from the back pain.

I also believe that I need to do something creative everyday, sewing, knitting, crocheting, altered art, etc... And I haven't been doing that until recently. So, I'm going to continue knitting, but I'm going to sew every day, even if it is just one seam.

I will be posting about my diet, workout, knitting, sewing, and other artistic endeavor until I have made all these a habit again. And this time I won't stop. It isn't how many times you fall, it's how many times you get up. So starting on Monday, I will be embarking on my self improvement program. This will give me time to write out menus, go shopping for food, get a workout class schedule from both Lifestyle Fitness and Shapes to determine which classes I want to attend, and get a new Weight Watcher's meeting schedule.

Wish me luck! LOL

My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match.
However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows
that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into
victories.

Bjorn Borg
(1956-, Swedish Tennis Player)





No comments: