Monday, December 21, 2009

Football and other Ramblings

My Saints lost to the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday night. It was inevitable that they would lose sooner or later. I’m not upset. They have a record that any NFL team can be proud of. Next game is against the Bucs. Whose record is 1-13. The Saints have already beat them once this season. Just sayin'.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my camera and haven't been able to post the pictures of the project I made for my aroma therapy class. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Back on the 5th of this month I posted about some changes I was going to make. Well, as I usually do, I have changed my mind about some of them. I did go on a diet, but, I didn't go back to Weight Watchers. WW is a great eating plan, but I didn't think I could do it just yet. I decided to go on a low carb diet for a while. As of Monday the 7th I have lost 16 pounds. I haven't had any grains, ie bread, flour etc...no potatoes, no starches. I have tried to eat healthy fats also. And....I have had minimal to no arthritic pain since then. I feel like I'm slowly getting back to my old self. I haven't been to either gym, but I am riding my stationary bicycle each day.

I still haven't been sewing, but, I have been knitting and crocheting. Slowly. I'm just now learning how to decrease on one of the scarves I'm making. I have some knitting shows on the DVR and watch them as the mood strikes. I have a list of projects on Ravelry. There are a few things on Knitty I want to knit too. I hope to complete at least one of my projects by the 31st. Some knitters can really crank out the projects. That wouldn't be me and I'll probably never be a fast knitter, but it's something I really enjoy.

This week I'll be:
1. knitting
2. listening to Christmas music
3. reading How To Read a French Fry and Other Stories of Intriguing Kitchen Science by Russ Parsons
4. AND waiting for Santa!

My Mother's favorite Christmas song was "Little Drummer Boy". She loved to sing along with it when it came on the radio. I'm gonna miss spending Christmas with her. It was her favorite time of the year, and mine too. I love shopping, especially at Christmas, even with all the crowds. I did the last of my shopping today. This is the latest I've ever done my shopping. How is your shopping? Almost finished? Or waiting until the last minute? Only four more days til Christmas!




No comments: