Monday, December 28, 2009

Boo Hiss LOL

Well, the Saints let the Bucs win yesterday. Quite frankly, I AM disappointed. The Saints should have won that game. Garrett Hartley should have made that 37-yard field-goal. But no one can blame him for the lost game. You play as a team, win as a team and lose as a team.

This week I'll be:
1. knitting
2. listening to the new Adam Lambert CD (Am I the only one who is disappointed he will not be on ABC's New Year's Rockin' Eve?)
3. reading The Vein of Gold: A Journey to Your Creative Heart by Julia Cameron
4. AND waiting for the apple to drop in Times Square!


I'm trying to make a few changes to my blog for the new year. Just a few sutble changes. You'll notice my signature line will be changed due to changing my name. Several of my friends call me Tesla, due to my obsession with Nikola Tesla. So I thought what better way to honor him, and all his contributions to society. (I'll elaborate on him in a later post. I recommend reading Tesla: Man Out of Time by Margaret Cheney.) I think Tesla will better suit the person I have become over the past year. I'll also change my divider to pink lips. I love these lips! LOL It's in honor of my love of make-up and beauty.

Through out the holiday season I've had music on this blog. Now, I LOVE music, as I've posted about in the past. The latest playlist was several versions of Auld Lang Syne I enjoyed. While making the changes on my blog, I would click back and forth testing and it finally just started getting my last nerve, so I just deleted the play list. I'm sure it will be less annoying to the few very nice people who read my blog. Each and every one of you is appreciated very much.

This is the time of year that most people get nostalgic. Thinking back over the past year, remembering the highlights, births, deaths, and other things in the news. I always intensely dislike when the news runs a list of everyone who has died. It's just so very sad. It also reminds me of people who we hold dear in out hearts but no longer have contact with. Co-workers we promised we would keep in touch with when we left the job. Teachers, fellow students etc......

This is also a time when we make resolutions for the new year. I think pretty much all of them are forgotten by March. I rarely make New Year resolutions. I do make goals thought. Some I meet, some I don't. I don't see myself as a failure if I don't meet them. They have nothing to do with my value as a person. I have my 101 Things that I work on a little at a time. Some are long term goals, some are short term goals. Some things are serious, and some are silly and fun. And some will definitely get carried over to my next 101 Things list in 2011. However, I've decided that I am going to make a few specific goals for 2010. They are:


00001. Sew a well fitting white shirt (I LOVE a white shirt with jeans or denim skirt.)
00002. Make a chainmail bracelet (I have several patterns to make a chainmail bracelet, now to decide which one to make.)
00003. Smock a dress for my "Big Girl" doll (I have a small collection of Sew Beautiful magazines I can choose a pattern/design from.)
00004. Make matching aprons for me, my "Big Girl" doll, and AG Molly (I already have the patterns for these, Simplicity 3746.
00005. Start and continue taking yoga classes (I am a member of two gyms. Surely I can get the schedule and attend the classes.)
00006. Find a hairstylist that can cut my hair the way I want it cut (I'll elaborate on this in a later post.)
00007. Make a wardrobe scrapbook (I've actually already started this.)

That should do it. Seven things to do in 12 months. Yeah, I might have enough time. LOL




No comments: