Saturday, March 17, 2007

knitting, 101 Things #5






Happy St. Paddy's Day!!








101 Things #5 was to learn to knit and knit a scarf. Today I completed my cute simple scarf. Lion's Brand Suede denim color. I made it a little wider and a little longer. I LOVE it! I'm not sure what to knit next. I don't want to do another scarf, but I don't think my skills are up to a top or sweater. I suppose I could do a shawl or something simple. I've thought about making a little blanket for one of my dolls. I'm a few projects away from making sweaters for my dolls.

My trip to Joann's Fabrics wasn't as fruitful as I'd hoped it would be.
I considered getting 4986, but, in the end, decided not to get it. I might change my mind if I see any good reviews on Pattern Review. I got two patterns, Buttericks 5006-I'll use it to make some cute totes and storage for my knitting needles and notions-and 4464, a jacket, sleeveless top, and skirt pattern.

I then went to Barnes and Noble. I got two "Dummies" books. I LOVE those books!! I probably have 25-30 of them on various subjects...sports, music, mathematics etc...

No comments: