Friday, June 30, 2006

Life is Good!

I've been in my new position (I hope it becomes permanent) for a couple of weeks now. I've also been taking classes for the paralegal course. I'm loving both of them!

I work from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and was in classes from 6 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. I tested out of my BUS105a keyboarding class (at app 65 WPM, I have two more, BUS105b and BUS105c. I need 55+ WPM in BUS105c to get an A. So all I have to do is maintain this speed to get an A in all three classes) on Thursday so I only have to go from 6 til 8 on Tuesday and Thursday. Now I have time to study for my Wednesday classes on Tuesdays.

When I worked nights I was always exhausted. I never got fitful sleep, when I WAS able to sleep. I was always depressed. I really didn't like my job. I NEEDED something new. Something to look forward to. Now I have it! I actually look forward to going to work now. And I REALLY look forward to going to class.

I always liked school. It was the only time I was able to be around children my own age when I was young. We lived in the country and my sister and brother were a lot older than me. So I had no one to "play" with. That was back when children actually went outdoors and played. I also loved going to highschool. I had been out of highschool 10 years before I was able to go to collage. I loved that too! I have always enjoyed learning new things. I wish I had taken more classes over the years.

Now that I am working days, I should be able to start Body for Life. I should be able to workout 5 days a week if I'm lucky. I won't be able to go to the gym, but I have weights, bench, stationary bike and treadmill, here at home. I bought protein powder and protein bars a couple of weeks ago. I have my old diet plan, I can use also. I start out on Atkins and slowly work into Body for Life. I don't want to have a weight gain when I start eating carbs again. I'm already drinking my water.

I had Word when I took a nine month computer course a few years ago. So the wordprocessing class isn't very challeging. That's ok though. I haven't used some of the bells and whistles in Word in quite a while. And I've even learned some things I didn't learn about in the other class. I've made a list of a few of the keyboard shortcuts and I'm trying to use the keyboard more. I think it's more efficent than the mouse. My instructor said I should become Microsoft Office certified. She said I already know alot about it and it wouldn't take much to learn the rest. I'm seriously considering it because it could mean more money when I go to work as a paralegal.

101 Things Update:
#60--I made the Butter chicken last Sunday. It was ok....nothing special I could taste. So, I probably won't be making it again. #1--The most important item on the list....so far I'm getting an A in all 4 classes. This is soooo important to me. I know I am capable of getting that 4.0 and the honors certificate. It will be more difficult this time because I'm working. I didn't have to work when I went to nursing school or the computer course. #14--I have a few of the quarters. I just have them in a jar though. I need to get something to display them in. #48--Get on a regular sleep schedule-I will mark this as completed if this position becomes permanent. I'll know in a couple of months. #83--Do a plot analysis on a movie-I'm going to change this one to get Microsoft Office certified and put the anaysis on my next list.

No comments: