Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Exhausted

Last Friday night at midnight I received a call from the director of nursing where I work. She asked if I would mind changing positions, from floor nurse to doing "MDS-es" i.e. "paperwork", on a temporary basis. One of the coordinators is going on maternity leave, I would be replacing her, and the other one is going to another facility. I've done this before and it's a lot less stressful, so I jumped at the chance, plus it's M-F 7-3. So, I worked the 12 hour night shifts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Twenty-four hours to recover. I woke up at 4:30 this morning totally exhausted. As though I hadn't slept at all. And my paralegal class was to start tonight.

Class was canceled due to Alberto. Why on earth? It didn't come anywhere near us! Just a little wind and rain....yesterday!

So now, I'll have less time to study and work on my 101 things (and my 43 things, which is a condensed list). But, the absolutely BEST PART is that I'll have every weekend off!!!! I'm sooo looking forward to that after working almost every weekend for the past four years.

No comments: