Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sewing and Creativity

I finished sewing up McCall's 6287 a couple of days ago, but I didn't get a chance to remove the basting until this evening.  It looks exactly as it does on the pattern cover, although a little uneven hanging on a hanger.   I'll be making a pair of white pants to wear it with.  I have a silver cuff, a silver chain, and white sandals I'll accessorize it with.  The style may be a little young for me, but I don't care.  I love it!



I went to Joann's today and picked up three of the patterns on my list.  McCall's 5972 (view B, I had a dress similar to this when I was younger),  Butterick 5600, and 5357, the webwsite reports this as pattern of the week.  I'm thinking I'll make B5600, view C, in a coral pink linen that I saw on Denver Fabrics.

The days I haven't been sewing I've been working on a simple pattern for a folding carrier for all my nail brushes, including the brushes for acrylic, gel, and all my nail art brushes.  I have about 9 or 10, and I want an altered art/modern quilt type carrier.  I have most of the materials and supplies.  I'll post a pic of the raw materials tomorrow.  I've been doing nail art, too,  and will post pics of those nails when I get a couple more finished.

I am so grateful that all my family that lived in Ringgold, GA survived the tornado.  Some friends have lost all their possessions, including their homes, but they are alive.  That is the most important thing.





No comments: