Sunday, April 24, 2011

Knitting

What I've done, what I haven't and I what I want to do

The rules: Mark with bold the things you have knit, with italics the ones you plan to do sometime, and leave the rest.

Afghan - I think I'd rather crochet an afghan.  In fact, it's a work in progress.
I-cord -   If it's needed for a project.
Garter stitch - of course
Knitting with metal wire-not yet.  I want to make Sea Tangles, not metal wire per se, but "a fine silk yarn with an even finer steel wire inside it."
Shawl- 
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up-I think this is a must for knitters, even if it's just one pair.  Just for the experience.
Knitting with camel yarn -
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk 
Moebius band knitting 
Participating in a KAL - maybe depends on the item
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting 
Twisted stitch patterns
Two end knitting
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Charity knitting- when I get a lot better and faster
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing - just a sweater for my AG doll
Knitting with circular needles  
Baby items- only for my "reborn" doll
Knitting with your own hand-spun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments - not really my thing.  maybe if I get a lot better
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Lace patterns
Branching out
Publishing a knitting book
Participate in an exchange
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit - I don't have the patience
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money-No 
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…) - 
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars -
Knitting with someone else’s hand-spun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit - I don't have the patience
Bobbles
Knitting for a living- NO.  I won't turn something I enjoy doing to relax into a job.
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks -   maybe
Knitting art
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener stitch
Knitted flowers
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn
Stuffed toys
Baby items
Knitting with cashmere
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
Free-form knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mits/arm-warmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an on-line knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom- Sounds like fun
Thrummed knitting - 
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair- maybe
Hair accessories
Knitting in public

As you can tell, I'm a new knitter and don't have a lot of experience.   I want to knit a lot of different things, I'm slow but I'll eventually get everything done.  LOL


No comments: