Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's been a long time

between posts.

I visited with my Dad. We ran a few errands. Mostly we just sat around the house. It was way too hot to do much of anything. I'm planning on going back in a month or so to drive him to FLA for a visit.

I had a very nice long visit with my cousin Reba. We went through Mom's old photos. She identified quite a few family members. Mom didn't write the date and names on the backs of her photos like I do my "hard copies".

Reba explained some things regarding my birth Mother Maggie Lou Russell. Maggie died in 1997. The last time I saw her was in 1964. Of course at the time I didn't understand who Maggie was. She and I share the same birth day, January 21. She had 4 sons. I'm going to try to contact her other family members to see if they could share a photo of her with me. My adoption was a little more complicated than most. (I have always known that I was adopted. I can't remember a time when I didn't know or understand what it meant to be adopted.) My birth grandmother and my adoptive Father’s Mother were sisters. My Dad is my cousin by birth.

When Maggie died, my son Michael went to the funeral home with my parents. They had explained to him who she was. Now, there is a very strong family resemblance between my son and me. No doubt who his MOTHER or FATHER is. Mike looked like Roger, his Dad, too. Mike’s comment was, “Mom, she looked like us.” LOL
Reba said that I look a lot like Maggie.

Things are finally getting back to normal here at home. I’ve thoroughly cleaned the house. I’m sending out resumes and studying for the CLA exam in Nov/Dec.

Now if I just had a job! I’m thinking I might have to go back as a nurse until I can find a paralegal position. Trying to keep a positive attitude. I can do this!!!!






No comments: