Sunday, August 26, 2007

Aprons

I still have quite a way to go before I reach my goal weight. I'm itching to start sewing something for myself that won't need fitting. So I've decided to make an apron. I LOVE aprons and I'm happy that they are fashionable again, along with dresses. I LOVE dresses also. I enjoy wearing dresses, and heels, and even pantyhose. I'm a girly-girl. Always have been, even when I was climbing trees with my next door neighbor. LOL


I have 3-4 apron patterns. I'm thinking for my first one I'll use either Butterick 4945or Butterick 6567. I like the ones in the middle of the pictures. I like the flounce and bow on 4945 and the piping on 6567.
















New Orleans, Louisiana is still feeling the effects of hurricane Katrina. Are the levies going to protect the city if another hurricane strikes this year? What has been done to protect this city? Why are there still people who cannot return home? Why did it take the government 5 days to give them assistance and why is it taking so long to get to get this city back on it's feet? My heart aches for the people whose lives have been turned upside down. I do not live there. But I love NOLA as if it were my birth place. I feel at home there. I love it's people, I love it's music and I damn sure love it's food.







No comments: