Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shopping!!!

I went shopping this morning. I LOVE shopping! I had to get some electrodes for my TENS unit. Got an ink cartridge for my Dell printer and went to Barnes & Noble. I couldn't find the book I was looking for so I went to Borders where I did find the book. Organic Body Care Recipes. We studied aroma therapy earlier week in class. I was already familiar with it, but this class helped expand my knowledge. We are also required to make three items and display them in a basket for a project. I started making mental notes as to the colors, scents, and items I wanted to put in my basket. One of the scents I want to use is lemon. It smells so fresh. I am thinking I will use the colors purple and white. I want to make a small purple eye pillow. Among the other things I'm considering is an eye cream, bath salts, bath bombs, and soap. I may change my mind after I read through the book I got today and my text book, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy.

I went to Weight Watchers today, I'm down half a pound. I'm not disappointed with the small loss, any loss at all is better than staying the same or gaining.

I have two sewing WIP (works in progress). They have been lingering on my sewing table for over a year. I love sewing, but just don't do it as much as I used to. I love doing other things too. I read other sewist's blogs and admire all the projects they sew. I'm ok with the fact that I'm not a prolific sewist. There is a cardi-wrap sew-a-long on Pattern Review. I've had a McCall's cardi-wrap on my WIP list for several months. I have the material and the pattern, but haven't actually cut it out. I'm going to see if I have enough material to make Simplicity 2603 instead.

The Biggest Loser starts the new season on Tuesday. The previews are showing one of the "losers" from last season coming back. He was one of my favorites and I was disappointed when he was voted off the ranch. He was working so hard to lose the weight and get healthy. I'm so glad he's getting a second chance.







No comments: