Thursday, September 10, 2009

Make-up and nails

This is what my nails look like after a week of using Nailtek products. They are about the same length, but I have filed them a couple of times to get them to the proper shape. My nails do feel stronger and healthier though. You can see a couple of blemishes on the nails, but I'm not motivated enough to change my polish and reapply everything today. Tomorrow is Friday and I'll do it tomorrow night. The nail polish I'm wearing is a frankenpolish I made several months ago. I added what was probably some shade of red to Sally Hansen's Sheer Beige Gloss. It's such a pretty shade of pink. I'm gonna try to find a commercial brand as close to this shade as possible. If you're interested in making up your own colors of nail polish visit Amanda on her blog Dr. Frankenpolish. She has some gorgeous colors of nail polish. I've loved almost every color she has created. I'm going to get a pedicure tomorrow from on of the students in the nail class. I can hardly wait! It's been ages since I've had one. I usually just polish my own. It's nice to be pampered a little. LOL



One of the things on my 101 Things list is to buy myself a right hand ring. Back in March, I finally found one that was exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't looking for an expensive ring. Just a little something that I thought was pretty and had some small diamonds in it. So, here it is....isn't it pretty?











I have recently become a MAC convert. Last weekend, I got a make-up primer, Sheertone blush in blushbaby and Amplified Creme Lipstick in Craving. Blush baby is a very beautiful shade. If you look closely at my ring finger you will be able to see it. It's slightly darker than my skin tone and I love the way it looks. It's a beige-pink color. The next blush I want to get is blushcreme in the color posey which is a rosey pink. When I went to MAC for a makeup demonstration I saw a beautiful color called Daft Pink, but I can't find it on the MAC website. I don't know, I might change my mind....LOL...all the colors are so beautiful!
















No comments: