Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

No matter your beliefs I wish you peace, health and a safe and happy holiday. I would also like to thank visitors who have taken time to look at and occasionally leave comments on my blog.

I'ts Christmas eve and the house is quiet. There are no children running around eager for Santa's visit. No grandma or granddad waiting to see the children's faces on Christmas morning.

Walt and I participated in the age-old tradition (LOL) of take out from mickey dees and seeing the neighborhood lights.
I didn't do a lot of decorating this year. I did put up a tree and a couple of wreaths. It's a small tree, one that Mike would put in his room when he lived here in Florida. He would put all sorts of "non-Christmas" things on it. Matchbox cars, small pictures he had drawn and other things. He always put HUGE lights on it. He loved his outrageous little tree.

I wanted my Dad to come down, but he doesn't travel so well. He's having a difficult time walking these days. He uses his wheelchair even inside his house.
Chris lives in Georgia and will visit with his Mother, who lives a couple of hours away.



You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills (American Opera Singer)





No comments: