Thursday, July 03, 2008

More Challenges

I have been participating off and on in a number of challenges. My goal for July is to get everything caught up and add a couple more to the list.

The first challenge is the 1% Well Read Challenge. The goal of this challenge is to read 10 books in 10 months from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list. For you non-math people, 10 out of 1001 is approximately 1%, hence the title. The challenge will run from May 1, 2008 through February 28, 2009.Here is my list of books:
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
The Book of Illusions by Paul Auster (I’ve already started reading)
Beloved by Toni Morrison
Cocaine Nights by JG Ballard
I know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
Cakes and Ale by W. Somerset Maugham
Orlando by Virginia Woolf
Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence

The next challenge is the Self Portrait Challenge. Each month a theme is introduced and you take a self portrait using the current month's theme. This month the theme is skill. I just found out they blogged about this over on whip up.

Before I blog any further I must show a pic of my new "baby".
Yup. I did it. I switched to an Apple. Family and friends are amazed. They all know me as a Window's nerd girl. Bill Gates is my hero. I thought getting an iMac would be a pleasant change. I have mixed feelings about it. Some aspects are nice. I love the monitor and the sleekness of having everything compacted. On the other hand, it's hard getting use to the "windows" I have open deciding to switch places again, again, and again until they give me motion sickness! LOL I'm still getting used to the keyboard shortcuts.








No comments: