Friday, June 17, 2016

My Heart

breaks for: the victims and families of those young men and women who were killed at Pulse in Orlando. Too many deaths, too much hate. Where does someone learn to hate that much? and why do they think they have the right to murder someone because that person isn't living his/her life the way someone else thinks they should be living it?

My hubby, who isn't really mechanically inclined looked at my sewing machine over the weekend and was able to get it to work. He did whatever he did, plugged it back in and it is now working. So, I sewed in the sleeves and the side seams of the kimono I had been working on when it broke. Then I tried it on. What a disaster! I learned the kimono style is not for me. It was not flattering at all!

I am on a quest to find a tee shirt or a tee shirt pattern. (Maybe I should call it a knit top instead.) I have a specific style in mind. A boat neck, slightly fitted, a slight high low shirttail hem. And I want it to be black. I've found several tops and patterns that have come close. I'm leaning toward HP 1133 Plain & Simple Fitted T Redux by HotPatterns. It doesn't have the hemline I want but that is easily remedied.

Discovery channel's shark week starts on June 26th. You still have time to order Stevie the Shark to keep you company while you watch! He is just so cute!


I've already ordered mine!



Keep on keeping on

No comments: