Thursday, November 06, 2008

President Obama

Initially, I was all for Hillary. But, then, as I listened and watched, I knew I was watching and listening to the next President of the United States of America.
There was never a doubt in my mind on whether or not Barack Obama would win. I had faith in my fellow Americans that they would make the right choice.
They did.
What an exciting time. Watching history in the making.
President Obama
Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
I went to my voting place at ten after seven. After I turned the first corner and could get a better view, I was able to count 150 people in front of me. I wasn't able to count some people that were standing in groups or the voters that had already entered the building. It took me one and a half hours to cast my vote.
I just could not keep my eyes open Tuesday night and fell asleep about 10:30ish. At 11:51, I heard the words, "Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States of America."
I knew at that second that everything was going to be okay.





No comments: