Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 21st

Happy.
Birthday.
To.
Me.

Yay.

Today is my birthday. How old am I? We most definitely won't go there. LOL
This his how I looked when I was two. Wasn't I cute and stylish with my boots? LOL I LOVED wearing boots. I think I wore boots regularly til I was nine or ten. And it looks like my hair style hasn't changed much. LOL. It's a lot straighter now though.

We never know where life will take us. I'm not where I thought I would be. But, I'm not complaining. I didn't make the choices that would take me there. Some of my choices haven't been the best, but we all make poor choices sometimes.

Today will be very quiet. I've got to get to sleep since I have to work the 11-7 shift tonight. LOL It would have been quiet even if I didn't have to work tonight. But I would have enjoyed a nice dinner and afterwards a glass of red wine and watched a good movie. Oh well, there's always next year! LOL

Today is also the day we are celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's birthday. In one of his most famous speeches, delivered in Washington in 1963, Dr. King spoke of his dream that one day the U.S. would live up to its creed that all men are created equal. I wonder just how close are we to realizing his dream?


Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
(1929-1968, American Black Leader, Nobel Prize Winner, 1964)




1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!!