Thursday, November 23, 2006

Weight Watchers

I joined Weight Watchers on November 18th. So far, it hasn't been too bad. I don't really feel like I'm on a diet. I was a member many years ago and it has really changed! There are two plans to choose from now. The Core Plan and the Flex plan. I'm going to do the Flex Plan until after the first of the year and then I'll alternate it with the Core Plan. (So, I took another step in completing my 101 things.)

A couple of people I work with said they would join this coming Saturday.

One of the nurses I worked with is, I guess, no longer working at my facility. It's a shame too. She is one of the nicest people I have worked with in quite a while. She was one of the MDS co-ordinators. They cut one of the positions and she volunteered to leave the position, allowing me to stay. She worked short of hours in various positions since the end of September. She didn't work this week at all. I really enjoyed working with her and I will miss her a lot. However, she is one of the people who said she is going to join Weight Watchers. I will try to keep in touch with her even if she doesn't join.

I LOVE this time of the year. It's a little sad too. I don't have my Mom or my son, they died in 1998 and 2001 respectively. I miss them a lot and am thinking about the holidays we spent together. I don't see the rest of my family very often. I only see my sister when I go to her house and usually it's because my Dad is visiting. She hasn't been to my home since she moved to Florida over 10 years ago. And my brother lives in Georgia, but he will come to Florida and visit with my sister and not call me even though we live less than 15 minutes from each other. My nephew (my sister's son) will text me every so often, but we haven't spent much time together in a long time. We used to be very close. He is only 3 years younger than I am. My sister is 16 years older and my brother is 11 years older.

I'm thinking that I will try to "build" a family from my friends. I have one friend that I haven't seen in a couple of years, even so, I consider her my "very best" friend. She got married a few years ago and surprised everyone. Then a couple of years ago she had surgery, I think it was a lap band, and has lost probably well over a hundred pounds by now. After the first of the year I will try to contact her and see if we can have lunch or something.

And speaking of 101 things, I'm accumulating quite a pattern library to use to make my new wardrobe. I've ordered a two pieces of fabric one for a skirt and one for a pair of trousers. I also got a really pretty black sweater that has lace on it, a black/gray striped shirt and a white shirt.

I love pretty clothes. It seems I got away from a lot of things I love, pretty clothes, makeup, hair, exercising, going out, and a lot of other things. Yes, those things make me seem shallow, but there's more than just those, that I've lost. Sometimes I don't even recognize the person in the mirror.

No comments: